Barack Obama, Central Intelligence Agency, Donald Trump, Donald Trump presidential campaign, Hillary Clinton, James Comey, Laptop, National Security Agency, Robert Kraft, Russia, Smart TV, Trump Tower (New York City), United States, White House, WikiLeaks
Legendary reporter Bob Woodward said Sunday that the FBI and CIA’s reliance on the Steele dossier “needs to be investigated” now that the Mueller report has undercut many of the salacious document’s claims.
Woodward reiterated in an interview with Fox News’s Chris Wallace his past statements that the dossier “has got a lot of garbage in it.”
Woodward said that he recently learned that the CIA included outtakes from the dossier in a draft of the January 2017 intelligence community assessment that laid out Russian interference in the 2016 presidential campaign.
“What I found out recently, which was really quite surprising, the dossier, which really has got a lot of garbage in it and Mueller found that to be the case, early in building the intelligence community assessment on Russian interference, in an early draft, they actually put the dossier on page two in kind of a breakout box.” (RELATED: Mueller Report Undercuts Several Steele Dossier Claims)
“I think it was the CIA pushing this. Real intelligence experts looked at this and said no, this is not intelligence, this is garbage and they took it out,” said Woodward.
“But in this process, the idea that they would include something like that in one of the great stellar intelligence assessments, as Mueller also found out, is highly questionable.”
“Needs to be investigated.”
The special counsel’s report, released Thursday, undercut a key claim from the dossier about Michael Cohen, the former Trump attorney. Steele alleged that Cohen visited Praguein August 2016 to meet with Kremlin insiders as part of a conspiracy to influence the election.
AS THE PLAIN TRUTH PREDICTED OVER A YEAR AGO THAT North Korean PEACE WAS NOT AT HAND, NOW The North's foreign ministry said U.S. Secretary of State Pompeo (pictured) was 'talking nonsense' amid failing efforts to reach a deal between Washington and Pyongyang over Kim Jong-un's nuclear ambitions. Pyongyang also questioned Pompeo's intelligence, questioning 'whether he is indeed unable to understand words properly'. The latest provocation comes after North Korean leader Kim Jong Un oversaw the testing of a new tactical guided weapon. MORE
Fox News’ Neil Cavuto hung up on Catholic League president Bill Donohue on Monday when he refused to stop speculating that the catastrophic Notre Dame fire could be related to other recent attacks on Catholic churches in Paris.
“Well, Neil, if it is an accident, it’s a monumental tragedy. But forgive me for being suspicious. Just last month, a 17th-century church was set on fire in Paris. We’ve seen tabernacles knocked down, crosses have been torn down, statues, —” Donohue stated.
As Donohue mentioned, a number of churches in France have been vandalized during the early part of 2019. Vandals have smashed statues, knocked down tabernacles, burned an altar cloth, destroyed the Eucharist and smeared a cross with excrement.
MyPillow founder and CEO Mike Lindell explained his rejection of left-wing boycott campaigns pressuring his business to withdraw advertising from conservative news media outlets such as Breitbart News and talk radio platforms during a Monday interview on SiriusXM’s Breitbart News Daily with host Alex Marlow.
Marlow said, “I guess some of the younger, more woke, more left-wing people in the advertising departments of a lot of these big companies want to avoid conservative audiences. You’ve gone the exact opposite [direction]. You’re a huge supporter of talk radio and Fox News. Talk to us about targeting, specifically, this audience, my audience, and the Breitbart News audience with your products.”
Lindell explained his support for President Donald Trump and conservative audiences. “I advertise everywhere,” said Lindell. “This is just one of the biggest parts of my audience. I met the president before he was president in the summer of 2016 in a private meeting, and after I met with him and he told me about the inner city, the jobs he was going to bring back, made-in-America, and I went all in after that.”
Lindell recalled how leftists damaged his reputation with the Better Business Bureau following his open support for Trump.
“It didn’t matter to me,” stated Lindell. “This is what I know God wanted me to do, and I went all in. If you know, right away they lowered my rating from an A+ to an F in the Better Business Bureau. I was attacked like you wouldn’t believe, but I stood my ground, and I know what I believed in, and I’m not going to change from that.”
Lindell added, “When they started doing different boycotts — it started with Laura Ingraham — they said, ‘Boycott MyPillow,’ now when they say it, they go, ‘Don’t boycott Mike Lindell. He’ll double his ads. We see enough of that guy!’ When it comes to these boycotts, the one who gets hurt is the consumer. They’ll boycott and take you off certain programs. In the long run, the consumer pays. I don’t boycott other stations, even the ones that bad-mouth me personally.”
“I stand for what I believe,” declared Lindell. “I stand up for God, and I stand up for the president, and I’m not going to change my advertising. I do what’s best for my customers and my employees. I have 1,600 employees who rely on my decisions.”
Lindell went on, “I’ve been attacked publicly, out in the open, at a state fair in Minnesota. I know it was a plant. This gal came out and said, ‘You’re hurting your employees. You’re staying on these stations and backing this president.’”
Conducting oneself honorably yields its own rewards, said Lindell.
“If you do what’s right, it comes out right,” remarked Lindell.
Breitbart News Daily broadcasts live on SiriusXM Patriot 125 weekdays from 6:00 a.m. to 9:00 a.m. Eastern.
Notre-Dame has been saved from total destruction after a blaze ripped through the cathedral, French fire services have said. Flames broke out at the 12th century historic building on Monday evening, quickly devastating the spire and roof and sending plumes of black smoke into the sky.
French President Emmanuel Macron said he was "so sad tonight to see this part of all of us burn" and declared a national emergency. Speaking from the scene in Paris, he expressed sympathy with Catholics "around the world" following the "terrible tragedy" but added the worst had been avoided.
Video filmed by witnesses showed the moment the historic landmark's steeple was consumed by flames before toppling over. Hours later the area where the spire had once been was still burning with sparks falling from the cathedral's vaulted ceiling.
In 2016, A cell of radicalised French women guided by Islamic State commanders in Syria was behind a failed terrorist attack near Paris’s Notre Dame Cathedral last weekend and planned another violent attack this week before they were intercepted by police, the Paris prosecutor has said.
The women, aged 19, 23 and 39, were arrested in Boussy-Saint-Antoine, a small town 19 miles (30km) south-east of Paris, on Thursday night after they were linked to the discovery of a car packed with gas cylinders parked near the cathedral last weekend. Officials said the women had been planning an imminent violent attack on the busy Gare de Lyon station in Paris and were stopped after a police and intelligence operation described as a “race against time”.
This fire may have been sparked by construction that has been going on, as of now, no one is really sure. MORE LATER
Big Boy No. 4014, shown at Pomona, Calif., in November 2013, is hot once more.
CHEYENNE, Wyo. — Union Pacific said Wednesday steam shop crews lit a fire in Big Boy 4-8-8-4 No. 4014 for the first time in 60 years on April 9. It was the first time the engine was fired up as an oil burner.
The locomotive, which has been under rebuild since 2016, will undergo further testing before its debut on a trip on Ogden, Utah, on May 4 to commemorate the 150th anniversary of the first transcontinental railroad.
The railroad also said tickets will go on sale April 15 for a one-way May 12 trip from Ogden to Evanston, Wyo., with No. 4014 doubleheading with 4-8-4 No. 844. This would be the first opportunity for any of the public to ride behind No. 4014.
A Georgia actress and star of a recent biopic about an anti-abortion activist says she is 'ecstatic' over the passing of the state's new 'heartbeat' anti-abortion bill.
Ashley Bratcher's stance is opposed by more than 50 Hollywood stars who have threatened to pull business in Georgia over the controversial law which would ban abortions when a fetal heartbeat can be detected - as early as six weeks.
Bratcher, who stars as activist Abby Johnson in 'Unplanned,' spoke of her joy for the bill's passing on Friday. MORE
Governor Brian Kemp must now make a decision by May 12 on whether to sign the bill into law amid intense activist pressure.
FILE - In this Wednesday, Aug. 23, 2017 file photo, Aquarius the vessel of NGOs, SOS Mediterranee and MSF drifts in the international waters north of Libya. Migrants trying to reach Europe face routine rape and sexual torture throughout their journey _ and especially in Libya _ with men facing abuse nearly as routinely as women, according to a study based on dozens of interviews with aid workers and migrants. (AP Photo/Darko Bandic, File)
Smugglers torture migrants and film it to extract ransom payments from their families, and to thin the number of people in their unofficial prisons, according to the study. Previous studies have found that nearly all women who cross from North Africa have been raped or sexually abused along the journey; this one found that the danger was likely nearly as prevalent among men. A mental health worker described graves filled with men with their genitals sliced off — a description corroborated by the account of a survivor of a mass mutilation.
Migrants told similarly horrific stories about rape, forced incest and mass sexual abuse intended to humiliate detainees who had to strip naked and become either rapists themselves or victims.
According to a 20-year-old man from Guinea, “when the men came back crying, they would talk about what the guards did to them and how violent it was.”
The FBI has released 11 chilling portraits drawn by a man who claims to be the most prolific serial killer in U.S. history so they can try and identify some of his victims. Samuel Little, 78, has confessed to 90 murders committed between 1970 and 2005 across the entire country. Little, who is serving a life sentence for murder in a Texas prison, drew the sketches of his victims from memory in his jail cell. The 11 sketches released on Wednesday have been added to a collection of 16 others that Little drew back in February and the FBI has asked the public for help in identifying them. MORE
It’s safe to say that few people if any prepare for the possibility that their car might spontaneously catch fire or anticipate what will happen after the fact.
Still, Stephani and Shaun Klamm say that they would have expected a bit more urgency from Toyota. Instead, the San Diego family tells ConsumerAffairs that Toyota has been surprisingly cavalier about a sudden fire that the family says nearly killed Shaun and the couple’s two children.
The family’s ordeal started early in the morning on March 12. Shaun was on his way to take his two children to school when he thought he had forgotten his cell phone. They headed back to the house to look for it. As it turned out, the device had been in his pocket the whole time.
Now running late, the children got back in the car and Shaun started to drive away. They weren’t far from the house when his 12-year-old daughter began screaming. She told her father to pull over. It was then that Shaun noticed that smoke was coming out of the steering column, from under the dashboard. The kids grabbed their backpacks and jumped out of the car as he quickly pulled over. Below is a video they took: MORE
Friday on Fox News Channel’s “Tucker Carlson Tonight,” host Tucker Carlson reacted to reports that Department of Justice special counsel Robert Mueller was submitting his the probe’s report to Attorney General William Barr, which signified the conclusion of the probe’s investigation into Russian interference in the 2016 presidential election.
Given there were no indictments tied to alleged collusion between 2016 Trump campaign officials and the Russian government, Carlson concluded the many had been misled by some who have taken to television to make claims of Trump-Russia collusion.
“The people on TV have been lying to you,” Carlson said. “They will deny it now. They will tell you it was always about Trump’s taxes or some foreign real estate deal or hush money he paid to a girlfriend. That’s a crock. This investigation was always from day one about collusion with Russia. About betraying this country. They told us that for years.”
Most Charities and NON PROFITS are Frauds! Read this.
The Southern Poverty Law Center (SPLC) is a “highly profitable scam” that “never lived up to the values it espoused,” according to former SPLC staffer Bob Moser.
The New Yorker on Thursday published a scathing essay from Moser, now a Rolling Stone reporter, accusing the left-wing non-profit of “ripping off donors” while turning a blind eye to sexual harassment and racial discrimination within its own ranks.
The SPLC announced Dees’ firing after roughly two dozen SPLC employees previously signed a letter to the organization’s leadership expressing their alarm at “allegations of mistreatment, sexual harassment, gender discrimination, and racism,” The Los Angeles Times reported.
Morris Dees, founder, Southern Poverty Law Center, speaks onstage during Investigation Discovery’s Hate in America panel as part of the Discovery Communications portion of This is Cable Television Critics Association Winter Tour at Langham Hotel on January 7, 2016 in Pasadena, California. (Photo by Frederick M. Brown/Getty Images)
“The firing of Dees has flushed up all the uncomfortable questions again. Were we complicit, by taking our paychecks and staying silent, in ripping off donors on behalf of an organization that never lived up to the values it espoused? Did we enable racial discrimination and sexual harassment by failing to speak out?” Moser asked in his article.
One of Moser’s former colleagues answered in the affirmative.
WE REPORTED THIS BEFORE, BUT JUST AN UPDATE ABOUT NASTY JOHN MCCAIN
TEL AVIV — David Kramer, a long-time advisor to late Senator John McCain, revealed that he spent “a good hour or two” talking to two Wall Street Journal editors in a failed attempt to convince them not to publish the name of Christopher Steele, the former British spy who authored the infamous, largely-discredited anti-Trump dossier.
In a deposition on Dec. 13, 2017 that was recently posted online, Kramer recounted briefing numerous reporters in private about the dossier.
He admitted that, at the request of Steele, he held a meeting about the dossier with a reporter from BuzzFeed News who he says snapped photos of the controversial document without Kramer’s permission when he left the room to go to the bathroom. That meeting was held at the McCain Institute office in Washington, Kramer stated. MORE
Muslim Fulani militants killed nine more Christians in Nigeria’s Middle Belt over the weekend, the latest strike in a string of lethal, religiously motivated attacks.
The governor of Kaduna state, Nasir El-Rufai, confirmed that the assault in the Sanga local government area had claimed at least nine lives, adding to the death toll of 120 Christians massacred in central Nigeria since February.
“The security agencies have so far recovered nine corpses, including children,” El-Rufai said. “The attackers also burnt several houses in the village. The government condemns this attack on the lives and security of citizens and appeals to our communities to resist those who do not want peace.”
It can happen at almost any age, from 6 to 17, callers use social media to get details, then call you to say they have your kid! BEWARE! It's a scam
Police in Southern California are warning parents to be extra cautious after two “virtual kidnapping” cases in which suspects demanded large ransoms to get their children safely back home.
No one was abducted in either case, but that didn’t stop one man from forking over a $5,000 ransom on March 7 after getting a random call on his cellphone, Laguna Beach police told the Orange County Register.
“The suspect ordered the victim to stay on the phone with him throughout this incident,” Sgt. Jima Cota told the newspaper. “The victim became fearful for his daughter and after briefly hearing a female scream into the phone stating she had been kidnapped, the victim went to his bank and withdrew $5,000.”
The unknown caller then directed the man to go to various wire transfer locations outside Laguna Beach, where he then transferred the funds to an account in Mexico. Roughly four hours later, as the victim finished up the transactions, Cota said, the man then got a call from his daughter, who was unharmed and in Laguna Beach.
The girl told her father that she wasn’t kidnapped, but he was unable to stop the transaction in time, Cota said.
Laguna Beach police received a second call a day later. This time, an unidentified caller told a victim that her daughter had been kidnapped while attending college in Chicago. The parents were instructed to withdraw money and to wire the funds to an account in Mexico, using the same location in Costa Mesa to send the cash, Cota said.
“Once the mother pulled out the money, she called the police department,” Cota told the newspaper. “Police officers stopped her on her way out of town and were able to stop the transfer of money.”
The woman’s daughter was later confirmed to be safe in Chicago. Both cases have since been referred to the FBI, which investigates similar schemes that impact hundreds of people annually, according to the newspaper.
“Two incidents in 24 hours is unacceptable,” Cota said. “We can’t afford to have people lose their hard-earned money.”
Laguna Beach police alerted residents to the scam on March 8 in a detailed Facebook post that suggested that the “best course of action” in most cases is to simply hang up.
“This type of activity is called ‘virtual kidnapping’ and we believe the suspect was able to learn personal information of the victim through unsecured social media sites,” the post read. “Review the settings of all your social media sites to make sure they are secured to protect yourself against being a victim.”
To avoid becoming victimized, police urged people to look for possible indicators like someone trying desperately to keep you on the phone and calls that don’t come from the supposed victim’s phone.
“If you engage the caller, don’t call out your loved one’s name,” the post continued. “Try to slow the situation down. Request to speak to your family member directly. Ask, ‘How do I know my loved one is okay?’”
To buy extra time in such a situation, police also suggested that people repeat the caller’s ransom demand and request extra time to meet those conditions.
“Don’t agree to pay a ransom, by wire or in person,” the post concluded. “Delivering money in person can be dangerous. If you suspect a real kidnapping is taking place or you believe a ransom demand is a scheme, contact your local law enforcement immediately.”