By: Bob Barney
No, I haven't lost my calendar and I do know what day this is on the Roman calendar that we follow. Many, if not most do not know it, but today is the beginning of the new year in God's calendar. The year starts in the spring and is comprised up of 12 30 day months. Almost no one understands this fact. The Jewish calendar for example follows a lunar/solar year of only 354 days per year. Every three years they add a 13th month. Sounds nice, but it is not Biblical. They also start their day in the evening. They got this idea of evening days while in Babylon during their captivity, just like our day starts at midnight. We get this day from the pagan Romans. God's day starts in the morning dawn. The easy proof to that is in the first chapter of Genesis. The first day came, then evening, then morning which is called the end of the first day, the second was starting.
The Bible clearly shows us that the year is exactly 12 thirty day months or 360 days. Of course we know that the year is 365 1/4 days long. What about those 5 1/4 days? Well that's an easy fix. Although God has 12 thirty day months, He also uses the spring equinox to "fix" the date of each new year. He simply has 5-1/4 NO days a year! The last five days are simply not counted. Why is this? The answer is Noah and the flood. Originally, the earth took exactly 360 days to encircle the sun. The moon also to exactly 30 days to circle the earth (today it is 29 days and some hours long). After the flood, the earth slowed on its axis (maybe the weight of the water that fell to earth and filled the oceans, and the earth slowed and so did the moon's circling of the earth. The calendar went of kilter and mankind everywhere has been trying to "fix" the calendar. There is no perfect calendar today and that is proof of the flood.
How do we know that the Jews are wrong about adding a 13th month every three years? Simple read in Revelation chapters 12 and 13. Look it up for yourself. Get out a good dictionary and look up what I am going to say. It will agree with me. The witnesses and the beast reign for 42 months or 3 1/2 years or 1260 days. Check that out. That is 42 thirty day months! It is three and one half years and according to the Jews, there should be 43 months in this time frame because they add a 13th month every three years! If you believe in the Bible and read what it says,and not what people tell you it says, God's plan becomes VERY clear! God explains everything! You don't need some holysky-pilot to tell you what "is" is.
God's yearly calendar sums up the entire plan of God and his salvation! These are the Holy days
1)The year starts in the spring when new life is resurrected from the winter "sleep". Just like we will be resurrected from our sleep.
2) Passover/Feast of Unleavened bread. Christ is our Passover. He died for our sins, as the Passover Sheep did before. The unleavened bread represents Jesus' body. Leavening symbolizes sin, no leavening (yeast) means Jesus was sinless. Passover Wine is His blood. Christ's Last Supper was a Passover Meal! We are to observe the Passover! (Paul: 1Cr 5:8 Therefore let us keep the feast, not with old leaven, neither with the leaven of malice and wickedness; but with the unleavened [bread] of sincerity and truth.)
3) Feast of FirstFruits. This happens on the 8th day of Passover. Many arguments claim it is the third day of Passover and that is why many churches teach that this day became Easter. I don't think it did, but that is for a different time.
4) Pentecost. In the Old Testament, called Feast of Weeks. It is 7 full weeks AFTER First fruits. Pentecost is when the Holy Spirit filled the church. It is the birthday of the new church in Christ. All Churches still follow this Holy Day, but don't agree on the correct date.
5) Feast of Trumpets. This is the first day of the seventh month. Trumpet blast symbolizes air raid warning horns! They are to warn the people of trouble. This date symbolizes the mission of the church to sound a warning to the world of the coming great tribulation.
6) Day of Atonement (probably the real date of Christ's human birth). This is September 25th and 26th. It is a holiday that falls on two days. (like Christmas eve and day). This symbolizes Christ forgiving our sins as he readies for his return to earth!
7) The Feast of Tabernacles. Last one full week. It is the most joyful Holiday of God's year. Everyone is to sleep in tents (tabernacles) and not in their homes to symbolize that our bodies our just tents. They are not permanent. This week symbolizes the millennium under Christ. (Revelation 20:4)
8) The Last great day! The 8th day of the feast. The symbolism is clear. This is the day that God the Father comes to earth to live with us! Heaven is on earth. (Revel 21:3)
9) The 24 Hour day. God's complete plan symbolized in 24 hours. Dawn, the world began. Twilight is the end of our days. Night symbolizes our death, when we fall asleep waiting for the resurrection of the dead. The next day at dawn is our resurrection.
10) The weekly Sabbath. The week is also a symbol for the plan of God. Man's reign is 6,000 years (One day for God equals 1,000 years to us). We are in this time now. The seventh day is the 1,000 year reign of Christ.
Do you see how simple the Bible is to understand when we get rid of man's holidays, and replace them with God's? Every day I mentioned above is found in YOUR Bible. We are commanded to follow them. Christmas, Easter, Sunday and a host of other holidays that we follow today are never mentioned in the Bible. Think it over. Use the mind that God gave you and think. Think for yourselves and God will teach you the Plain Truth.
Want to Learn More: