New Yorkers Louis Frangella, 28, and Courtney Kaiser, 26, left their Long Island home on April 7 and before they set foot back on American soil just over two weeks later, the engaged couple had visited the Great Wall of China, the Taj Mahal, Petra in Jordan, the Roman Colosseum, the site of Christ the Redeemer in Brazil, Machu Picchu and Chichen Itza. Their favorites were Machu Picchu and Petra, in Jordan, but the entire experience was one for a lifetime. The two shared snapshots throughout the journey on their Instagram page under an account aptly named ' @wonderchasers.' Frangella won the opportunity through a competition where he works at Howard Hughes Corporation and Kaiser joined him on the fully-funded adventure.
The New York Times has suspended the publication of all future syndicated political cartoons in its international print edition, the newspaper’s spokeswoman Eileen Murphy confirmed late Monday.
The Evils of FaceBook and our society are exposed in this fascinating essay
If you have been reading the Plain Truth, you know who the POope is in Biblical History. His war on America only makes sense!
President Barack Obama is not the first man accused of spying on his party’s political opponents in an election year.
Dr. Lee Edwards sat down with The Daily Caller News Foundation to detail the months he and his colleagues on Sen. Barry Goldwater’s 1964 campaign for president spent under FBI and CIA surveillance ordered by President Lyndon B. Johnson.
Goldwater, who’s Senate seat would later go to Sen. John McCain, was pressured by supporters to run a campaign for president he understood was doomed by President John F. Kennedy’s assassination the year before. Knowing national grief and a politically vicious opponent meant disaster on Election Day
Around the world in 15 days! New York globetrotters visit all the New Seven Wonders of the World in just over two weeks
Did John Wilkes Booth get away with murdering Abraham Lincoln? Researchers claim the gunman wasn't captured and shot by Union soldiers in 1865 and instead lived under different identities for almost 40 years after he assassinated the President
An investigator with the Discovery Channel series Mummies Unwrapped says that modern-day face recognition technology shows that John Wilkes Booth’s (inset) face matched with that of two other men - John St. Helen and David E. George (seen right). The researchers ran the images of St. Helen, George, and Booth through a computer and found that there was a strong possibility that these three individuals were the same man. The image on the left shows Booth assassinating President Lincoln at Ford's Theatre in Washington, D.C. in April 1865.
THE QUEEN'S ROYAL DESCENT
FROM KING DAVID THE PSALMIST.
Most people do not know this, and those who do, don't believe it! But believe it or not the Bible PREDICTS THIS! This is The Plain Truth that there would always be a descendant of David on his throne! GOD PROMISED HIM!
Scholars and lay people may not believe this, BUT THE QUEEN KNOWS IT! My question is why hasn't this been taught- even as fable? Why no fantasy movie based on this theme? The answer is that Satan does not want you to know... Figure out why....
WHAT GOES INTO A VACCINE? Just SOME of the chemicals (not counting the Fetal tissue and cells)
Aside from antigens, ingredient components of a vaccine include adjuvants, added to enhance the immune system response; antibiotics, to prevent contamination during the manufacturing process; and preservatives and stabilizers.
These additional ingredients are often a source of concern for wary parents and patients. Below is a list of common ingredients in many vaccines, along with information on their purpose and safety.
- Why is it used? This mercury-containing ingredient has been used as a preservative in vaccines since the 1930s. Today, it is only found in vaccines for influenza. Preservatives are necessary for preventing dangerous bacterial or fungal contamination, but thimerosal has since become a major source of vaccine safety concerns.
- Health concerns? While mercury is a naturally-occurring element found in soil, water, and food, large amounts of it can be harmful, especially for children. Back in 1997, children were receiving three vaccines that together contained more mercury than the EPA recommended limit (though not more than the FDA limit). This led to speculation that thimerosal in vaccines could be linked to autism or other conditions.
- Is it safe? Years of research have reduced concerns here. The type of mercury found in thimerosal, ethylmercury, differs from methylmercury, the type commonly found in fish and known to be harmful in large amounts. Ethylmercury is broken down and excreted from the body much more quickly than methylmercury, and no scientific study has found a link between ethylmercury and autism or any other harmful effects.
- Amount in vaccines? Nonetheless, several public health agencies and vaccine manufacturers agreed in 1999 to cease using thimerosal as a precautionary measure. Today, no vaccine contains Thimerosal except the influenza vaccine, and Thimerosal-free alternatives are available.
- Why is it used? Formaldehyde has been used for decades in vaccines to inactivate viruses and detoxify bacterial toxins, ensuring they don’t result in sickness when injected.
- Health concerns? The U.S. EPA classifies formaldehyde as a carcinogen, as does the International Agency for Cancer Research and the National Toxicology Program. Additionally, several studies have since linked strong, long-term formaldehyde exposure to certain types of cancer.
- Is it safe? The potential for harm depends on the amount. Formaldehyde is always present in the human body as part of our natural metabolic process, but long-term exposure to high amounts can overwhelm our system and be harmful. Fortunately, the amount of formaldehyde found in vaccines is very small, most of it being diluted down to residual amounts during the manufacturing process. In fact, the FDA reportsthere is 50 to 70 times more formaldehyde present in an average newborn’s body than in a single dose of vaccine. In brief, current science shows formaldehyde in vaccines to be harmless.
- Amount in vaccines? The highest amount of formaldehyde present in any vaccine is .02 mg per dose. An average two-month-old baby would have around 1.1 mg of formaldehyde circulating in their body, with higher naturally-occurring amounts for older children.
- Why is it used? Aluminum is used as an adjuvant in vaccines. That is, it makes them more effective by strengthening the immune system response. Thanks to adjuvants, people need fewer doses of vaccine to build immunity.
- Health concerns? Sometimes the mention of aluminum in vaccines makes parents uneasy; that’s because there has been some evidence that long-term exposure to high amounts of aluminum can contribute to brain and bone disease. However, aluminum is naturally present in water, foods, even breast milk. Aluminum has only been shown to harm people if absorbed in very high amounts and when a person’s kidneys aren’t working properly. In contrast, the amount of aluminum in vaccines is negligible.
- Is it safe? Aluminum is the third most common naturally-occurring element, after oxygen and silicon. It is found in plants, soil, air, and water. A breast-fed infant will naturally ingest around 7 milligrams of aluminum in her diet throughout the first six months of her life. In contrast, the standard vaccines administered over the first six months of an infant’s life contain an average of just 4.4 milligrams of aluminum. Aluminum has been used safely for over six decades in vaccines, with no scientific evidence indicating otherwise.
- Amount in vaccines? The amount of aluminum in vaccines is tiny. In fact, babies always have a small naturally occurring amount of aluminum in their bloodstreams, about 5 nanograms. The quantity of aluminum in a vaccine is so small it doesn’t cause any noticeable raise in this base amount found in the blood, even immediately after an injection.
- Why are they used? During the production process of some vaccines, antibiotics may be used to counter the risk of dangerous bacterial infection.
- Health concerns? Concern occasionally arises about antibiotics in vaccines because of the risk of allergic reactions in some children.
- Is it safe? These fears are greatly exaggerated. Vaccine manufacturers only use antibiotics that are far less likely to provoke a reaction, and because antibiotics are only used during production, they are reduced to trace or undetectable amounts in the final product. In fact, no allergic reaction to a vaccine has ever been traced back to antibiotics. The overall odds a child will suffer from a severe allergic reaction from an MMR or Hepatitis B vaccine, from any ingredient, is 1 in 1,000,000, one hundred times less than the 1 in 10,000 chance a child will be struck by lightning.
- Amount in vaccines? During the purification steps of the production process, antibiotics are removed, resulting in miniscule or undetectable amounts in the final vaccine.
- Why is it used? Gelatin is used as a preservative and stabilizer, keeping vaccines effective under heat or cold and for the duration of their shelf life.
- Health concerns? For a very small number of children, gelatin can cause an allergic reaction.
- Is it safe? While gelatin is the single largest identifiable source of severe allergic reactions from vaccines, the incidence rate is still incredibly small. There is about one case of anaphylaxis caused by gelatin in vaccines for every two million injections.
- Amount in vaccines? The amount of gelatin varies by vaccine, with the MMR vaccine on the high end, containing 14.5 mg per dose, and the DTaP on the low end, with only 0.0015 mg. Children with a history of gelatin allergies can seek alternatives or exemptions.
Monosodium Glutamate (MSG)
- Why is it used? Like gelatin, MSG is used as a preservative and stabilizer in some vaccines, keeping them effective through heat, cold, and shelf life.
- Health concerns? MSG gained a bad reputation starting in the 1960s after anecdotal reports surfaced of nausea, headaches, flushing, or sweating due to food with MSG. As a result, concern has spread about its use in vaccines. However, these concerns are not supported by scientific research.
- Is it safe? While the scientific community acknowledges that a very small minority of people may suffer from short-term reactions to MSG, decades of research have not found the element to be harmful. As a result, the Food and Drug Administration, the World Health Organization, and the United Nations all declare MSG to be safe. It has been used for decades and continues to be used in foods as a flavor-enhancer.
- Amount in vaccines? While some websites have trumped up MSG-based alarm, it is only present in two scheduled vaccines, adenovirus and influenza.
Jennifer Newstead, a Trump appointee who served in the Justice Department under President Bush, will soon be taking over as general counsel of Facebook, the company announced in a press release on Monday afternoon. Newstead will take over from Colin Stretch, who announced plans to retire last year. She helped write THE PATRIOT ACT
Childbirth, burns and missing teeth:the woman who feels no pain and could open door for new generation of medicines
A pensioner who feels no pain or fear could open the door to a new generation of pain-relief and anxiety medications after scientists discovered the genetic mutations that make her so rare. For decades Jo Cameron has been cheerfully bumping, burning and bruising herself in all manner of mishap, yet she never stopped to ask why her injuries did not hurt.
She gave birth to both her children without once resorting to drugs; she laughs off offers of anaesthetic during dental work, and when she burns herself while cooking on the Rayburn in her Scottish Highlands home, often the first she knows about it is the smell of her own burning flesh.
Virtually nothing worries her. MORE
By Bob Barney, The Plain Truth
One doesn't have to be all that spiritual to recognize that things are not going very well for citizens of the world right now, but most of us have no clue why things are going badly, and maybe spinning out of control. Today we are facing four worldwide problems which could kill millions of us, and for the most part, nobody knows why. According to the Bible, these four worldwide problems are really spirits which will eventually destroy up to 5 billion people worldwide! Interested? You should be, because whether you want to believe it or not, these problems affect you and your loved ones right now.
Many of us live our lives day by day. We work hard, but never seem to get ahead. Many don't want to watch or read the news because they just don't think that anything that is going on impacts them, or even if it does, there is nothing they can do to change anything. If you think this you are wrong! Ten people could have saved Sodom, a huge city of its time.... God only found one! Below I am lisitng the four major problems that are and will be affecting your life! Read them and see why you are living the life you are, and where you are going, and how you can change the direction of many things you do not believe you can right now.
Simply put here are the four worldwide problems that impacting all of mankind right now.
This was posted on The Plain Truth 3 weeks before Trump was elected- Wow a different story being told now!
President Barack Obama said it was nearly impossible to rig an election during a joint press conference with Italian Prime Minister Matteo Renzi only around a couple months ago.
He is now punishing Russia for allegedly doing what he previously said was unfeasible.
“I’ve never seen in my lifetime or in modern political history any presidential candidate trying to discredit the elections and the election process before votes have even taken place,” Obama said, in response to comments then-Republican presidential nominee Donald Trump made. “No serious person out there who would suggest somehow that you could even rig America’s elections.”
President-elect Donald Trump said during a campaign rally in Columbus, Ohio, in August that he was afraid the election was going to be rigged, citing, amongst other things, the fact that the Democratic National Committee colluded to make former Secretary of State Hillary Clinton the nominee instead of Senator Bernie Sanders.
Legendary reporter Bob Woodward said Sunday that the FBI and CIA’s reliance on the Steele dossier “needs to be investigated” now that the Mueller report has undercut many of the salacious document’s claims.
Woodward reiterated in an interview with Fox News’s Chris Wallace his past statements that the dossier “has got a lot of garbage in it.”
Woodward said that he recently learned that the CIA included outtakes from the dossier in a draft of the January 2017 intelligence community assessment that laid out Russian interference in the 2016 presidential campaign.
“What I found out recently, which was really quite surprising, the dossier, which really has got a lot of garbage in it and Mueller found that to be the case, early in building the intelligence community assessment on Russian interference, in an early draft, they actually put the dossier on page two in kind of a breakout box.” (RELATED: Mueller Report Undercuts Several Steele Dossier Claims)
“I think it was the CIA pushing this. Real intelligence experts looked at this and said no, this is not intelligence, this is garbage and they took it out,” said Woodward.
“But in this process, the idea that they would include something like that in one of the great stellar intelligence assessments, as Mueller also found out, is highly questionable.”
“Needs to be investigated.”
The special counsel’s report, released Thursday, undercut a key claim from the dossier about Michael Cohen, the former Trump attorney. Steele alleged that Cohen visited Praguein August 2016 to meet with Kremlin insiders as part of a conspiracy to influence the election.
But Mueller’s report said explicitly that Cohen has never visited Prague.
SOURCE: The Daily Caller
Take the time to watch - you will NOT forget this video.
While Trump and Republicans are talking about his Mueller victory, he along with most of his zombie-like supporters are IGNORING the border crisis and now we have HIS FBI arresting those trying to protect our border!
A local Islamist terrorist group called National Thowfeek Jamaath was responsible for multiple Easter Sunday suicide bomb attacks against Christians and luxury hotel guests in Sri Lanka, government officials on Monday revealed.
Childhood pictures of Nazi dictator Adolf Hitler (top center) and his henchman have been brought together 130 years after one of the most evil men in history entered the world. Hitler was born on April 20, 1899 and as a child, is said to have enjoyed singing in his church choir in Austria, and had once held ambitions of becoming a priest. Hermann Goring was pictured as an army cadet in 1907 (top left) before becoming a prominent member of the Nazi party. Joseph Goebbels (top right) was pictured aged 12, before becoming the Minister of Propaganda. Other Nazi leaders who were pictured included Heinrich Himmler (bottom left), Joachim von Ribbentrop (bottom centre) and Martin Bormann (bottom right). The children who would grow into some of the most evil men in history: Fascinating pictures show Hitler and his Nazi henchmen as young boys
“People keep pointing to ‘political bias’ in the 2016 capers. I’m not discounting that, but there’s a bigger overarching theme, I think. Important intel officials also did not want @realDonaldTrump because … (cont) … @realDonaldTrump and his admin stood to expose alleged longstanding criminal wrongdoing within intel agencies. Not just what happened in 2015-2016. Some officials were/are desperately fighting for their lives/freedom.”
There’s no doubt that many of the allegations prompting Robert Mueller’s special counsel investigation had a political origin. After all, the probe was fueled by an opposition-research document funded by the Hillary Clinton campaign and the Democratic National Committee.
But investigative reporter Sharyl Attkisson believes there’s much more to it.
She points to a cadre of intelligence officials, part of what has been called the “deep state” of career bureaucrats, who feared outsider Donald Trump would expose years of criminal acts in his effort to “drain the swamp.”
Herbert W. Armstrong
The Resurrection was not on Easter Sunday! Easter is not a Christian name, but the title of the idolatrous queen of heaven." Here's an explanation of the true origin and meaning of Lent, Easter eggs, and sunrise services!
WHY DO you believe the things you believe, do the things you do?
The chances are you never stopped to ask yourself that question. You have been taught since childhood to accept Easter as the chief of the Christian holidays.
You have supposed it is part of the true Christian religion to observe Lent, "Holy Week," "Good Friday," to buy hot cross buns at the bakery, to have colored Easter eggs, to dress up and go to church Easter Sunday -- perhaps to attend an Easter sunrise service!
Because of the "sheep" instinct in humans, most of us believe a lot of things that are not true. Most of us do a lot of things that are wrong, supposing these things to be right, or even sacred!
Ishtar the Pagan Goddess
What is the meaning of the name "Easter"? You have been led to suppose the word means "resurrection of Christ." For 1600 years the Western world has been taught that Christ rose from the dead on Sunday morning. But that is merely one of the fables the Apostle Paul warned readers of the New Testament to expect. The resurrection did not occur on Sunday! (For the astonishing proof setting forth the exact time of the resurrection, write for our free booklet The Resurrection Was Not on Sunday.)
The name "Easter," which is merely the slightly changed English spelling of the name of the ancient Assyrian and Babylonian goddess Ishtar, comes to us from old Teutonic mythology where it is known as Ostern. The Phoenician name of this goddess was Astarte, consort of Baal, the sun god, whose worship is denounced by the Almighty in the Bible as the most abominable of all pagan idolatry.