Kyle Busch will miss Sunday's NASCAR Sprint Cup Series season-opening Daytona 500 after breaking his leg during a support event accident. Kyle's Toyota slammed into an inside retaining wall at high speed late in Saturday's race and he was taken to a nearby hospital for treatment. The 29-year-old is the younger brother of 2004 champion Kurt, who has lost his final appeal against his indefinite suspension after a judge said the former champion almost surely choked and beat his former girlfriend - who has previously referred to as an assassin.
It means both drivers will miss the 57th edition of 'The Great American Race'.
He sustained a right lower leg compound fracture and left mid-foot fracture in the crash with eight laps remaining. His team Joe Gibbs Racing said he was undergoing surgery on his right leg.
On Saturday, Kurt lost his last-ditch appeal, ending his already-slim hopes of racing in the season-opener. On Friday Family Court Commissioner David Jones concluded that Busch lilkeyabused Patricia Driscoll by 'manually strangling' her and smashing her head into a wall inside his motorhome at Dover International Speedway last September. He however has claimed she is an 'assassin' and a bad-ass, and once came home covered in blood.
'Kurt Busch and his Stewart-Haas Racing team are fully aware of our position and why this decision was made,' NASCAR said in a statement.
Busch attorney Rusty Hardin said the driver will appeal, and NASCAR said it will be expedited. Still, SHR said Regan Smith will drive Busch's car in the Daytona 500 regardless of the appeal outcome.
'We assure everyone, including NASCAR, that this action against Mr. Busch will turn out to be a travesty of justice, apparent to all, as this story continues to unfold,' Hardin said in a statement.
Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2963590/Motor-racing-s-Busch-brothers-Daytona-500-Kurt-loses-appeal-following-allegations-choked-beat-girlfriend-younger-Kyle-breaks-leg-pre-race-event.html#ixzz3STfUWelu