NASCAR champion Tony Stewart has said he does not need to speak to the family of the 20-year-old driver he killed for closure.
At a press conference in Kannapolis, North Carolina on Monday - his first since he struck Kevin Ward Jr. on an upstate New York dirt-track last month - Stewart said he has offered to speak to the family.
'I want to be available to them if they want to talk about it,' he said. 'At this point, I don't need to talk to them for closure. I know what happened and I know it was an accident.'
When asked if there is anything he would have done differently the night of August 9, he said he would have skipped the race at Canandaigua Motorsports Park altogether.
Scroll down for video
Subdued: Tony Stewart held a press conference at his business in Kannapolis, North Carolina on Monday morning, pictured, to talk about life since the crash that killed 20-year-old Kevin Ward Jr. last month
Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2773968/NASCAR-champion-Tony-Stewart-says-doesn-t-need-speak-family-driver-killed-closure.html#ixzz3EoBnZpx5
Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook